Write the names of the following foundations exactly as they appear here:
- Bank of America Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (Note the use of the ampersand. After the initial reference in a document or article, the second reference can be shortened to the Gates Foundation. The foundation can also be used after the first reference.
- The James Irvine Foundation
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation (It's fine to use “the” in front of this—in fact they do it—as long as you don't capitalize it.)
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation (If the name appears in a sentence, though, “the” should be lowercase: We have received funding from the Annie E. Casey Foundation.)
- The Commonwealth Fund
- The DeWitt Wallace-Reader's Digest Fund
- The Ford Foundation
- Lilly Endowment Inc.
- New Profit Inc.
- Open Society Foundations (Note the S at the end.)
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Saint-Gobain Corporation Foundation
- Skoll Foundation
- Surdna Foundation, Inc.
- Walmart Foundation
- W. K. Kellogg Foundation